Wednesday, January 27, 2010

let's talk about June.

The first 8 days of June*, specifically.

What's so great about that, you might ask. Well, what's so great is that during that time we will be on our honeymoon in Hawaii! Which I am pretty damn stoked about. I've always wanted to go to there (thanks, Liz Lemon), and I recently checked a guidebook out from the library which is making my excitement approximately 400% worse.

We will be hanging out on Oahu for 4 days, and then Maui for 4 days. We are flying in to Honolulu on the first, and staying at a pretty sweet hotel in Waikiki:


Our room should look something like this ^


With a sweet kitchenette thing, like this ^



And a view, something like this!


While we are there, we plan to dine at some of the awesome places I found in said guidebook, and go on lots of fun adventures. Some of the things we plan on hitting up so far include the Dole pineapple plantation (yummm), the Sea Life Park (where I DEMAND to swim with dolphins, this is expensive non-negotiable), visit the Pearl Harbor area/memorial (I expect this to be really surreal), and head up to the north shore for beachy goodness.

After we've lived it up on Oahu, we are moving on to Maui. We'll be getting on one of those terrifying mini planes of doom, which I'm not really pumped about, but whatevs. We are staying on the west coast of Maui, and I do mean ON the coast (75 feet away, actually):




I will be lounging at this pool. Which seems redundant, being right next to the ocean and all.

I can't find a picture of the room, but it is an ocean front suite, so that means AWESOME. On Maui, we will be attending a luau (booze + buffet + a show!), parasailing, and visiting a volcano, which I think everyone can figure out will be the best part, since I...like rocks.

I think this post is making my anxious-ness (is that a word? anxiety seems negative) worse.


*side funny note: one of my grad student friends is getting married on the same day, to a girl in the same grad program as Chad, and is then honeymooning in the same places as us at the same time. No, we did not plan this. Yes, we are meeting up for mai tais in Maui.

3 comments:

rena said...

Yay for honeymoons! When I went to Honolulu I did a few of those same things, 1. the pineapple factory? pretty sweeeeeeeeeet! and the pearl harbor memorial as well (not so sweeeeeet as touching and surreal) you are going to have a blast!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

jen thanks so much for the comment on my blog! i was looking for a way to email you and tell you thanks for stopping by and I'm super jealous of your Nomelie wedding cupcakes! you are one lucky girl!!! visit again soon k =)

Vic said...

Ooooooh looks gorge!! Y'all have a blast in Hawaii or just pack me in your suitcase, k?

The kitty video was precious! Thanks :)