Thursday, March 5, 2009

MIA and random thoughts

I've been MIA lately.  Sorry about that.  This week I had a huge paper to finish for tomorrow, and a test - first of the semester actually...grad school is weird.  Got a couple more big ass projects to do for next week over the weekend and then spring break.  This semester is really flying by.  

Anywho, random thoughts today:
  • tomorrow we shall have a date night.  Italian food and a movie is on the agenda.  Suggestions for a good movie?
  • writing a paper about induced seismicity seemed like a good idea at the time, but it quickly was not.  I don't want to read or write another word about this malarkey.
  • I'm developing an obsession with House.  it's been a long time coming.
  • I feared running out of gas today on my way home from teaching labs.  lesson learned: my "distance to empty" thing stops calculating when you are under 30 miles.  will NOT do that and drive home anxiously with the radio turned off and no AC again.
  • I started doing a semi-combo of WW and just general calorie counting today.  I hope for great success - otherwise I might resort to cutting off a limb.  Anyway, it went well today and I found this cool iphone app that lets you put in foods and subtract exercise calories.  it makes it kinda fun.  I also enjoy meal planning.  I am a nerd.
  • I would do anything for love  john krasinski.  watching the office reminds me of this.
yes, please.  sorry chad.

1 comment:

TVs Michael Oder said...

For some reason I thought this post would be about the rapper MIA. I was mistaken. My obsession the House is still in full swing. I have the first two seasons on DVD and will soon be purchasing the rest. I drove around most of last night with my "miles to empty" indicator reading 0. Scary thing, but I know they adjust it so you're not TRULY out of gas. Still the drive to the gas station this morning was pretty tense. Movie Suggestion: Revenge of the Nerds or Porky's 1 or 2. Enjoy.