Friday, June 12, 2009

i suck...

...because I haven't updated in about a billion years. sorry about that.
so what's been going on? well:

  • may kind of went by in a blur. the first couple of weeks, I was crazy busy administering/grading finals and submitting grades, followed by my own finals. then, I had about a week and a half before I left for nevada for my internship with Barrick Gold. which brings me to...
  • my internship. I was expecting it to kind of suck because of being an intern, and being in a crappy town in the middle of nowhere. the town does suck, granted, but the job is absolutely fantastic. it is so interesting and there is always something fascinating going on. I am working at the Goldstrike mine, one of hundreds worldwide, mapping geology of the open pit. Our pit is about half a mile deep, and about 2 miles long/wide. the huge equipment is mind boggling - trucks with 12.5 feet tires are really intimidating. I'll be living in a hotel until august, which is not really pleasant, but whatevs. there are some pics on facebook, but here's a couple for the sake of awesome:


  • we took our engagement pictures on may 17, from the contest we won for the free session. just got them back about a week ago. all pics are courtesy of tattered veil photography. there are also a bunch of those on facebook, but here's a couple of my favorites:






  • spent a night in the ER two days before I left for the internship. started having terrible pains in my abdomen/chest (and i do mean TERRIBLE) around 1 in the morning, and pretty soon I was doubled over shaking. Chad and my dad drove me to the ER and turns out I was passing a gallstone. runs in my family so it is not that shocking, but it was my initial guess even though I've never had problems before as soon as the pain started. they basically took a bunch of blood and doped me up, recommended I have surgery before it becomes a medical emergency, and sent me home about 5 AM. good night?
  • also, talked to Jill about dietary needs and she was very helpful. I've been doing everything we emailed about, so thanks! :) also, I have been 99% vegetarian (I had some thai chicken last weekend, but it was mostly veggies anyway!) for one month and am very happy with it. my stomach pains have decreased to almost nothing, and I feel a lot better.
so that's basically what I haven't updated about for 2 months. but I promise, I've still been reading everyone's blogs!

1 comment:

Jill said...

i'm so glad the eating plan has worked for you!! we made tacos the other day using ground turkey meat and taco seasoning. utterly delish!

ps: still ogling over your epics a week later