Tuesday, April 6, 2010

i am a thief.

I enjoy stealing bloggy-type surveys and other ways to avoid doing anything I'm supposed to be doing pass the time.

So I stole this preppy mafia thing from Vicki.

1. Who is your style icon?

I would like to have a witty and awesome answer to this, but honestly, I just drool over Anthropologie and J.Crew and pretend I don't shop at Old Navy/Gap/Kohl's and the clearance rack everywhere else. I like to call it "hobo chic."


don't be too jealous of my Spring 2008 Kohl's shirt and Fall 2009 Gap Jeans.


2. What is your favorite socialite book?

Is this even a question?


3. Favorite party theme?

Parties...with themes...? My favorite theme is "it is my birthday." You can dress however you want, but bring gifts and/or booze. OR ELSE.

But really, I don't throw parties with themes other than "AWESOME"...just show up, there will be good food and good drinks, and if you stay late enough, good breakfast/mimosas.

4. Go-to Halloween costume?

Once, I painted my face yellow with brown spots, and wore all green and a tutu from dance around my face. I was totally a homemade flower...and this adorable toddler came to the door and was all, "...you fl-ow-uh?" He was picking up what I was throwing down.

Another time, I was a pink monster, which pretty much involved wearing my awesome pink faux fur coat and big pink slippers and tights, along with some fake animal ears. My mom drew whiskers and a nose on my face. 1990 was a good year.

I think this number from my childhood dance classes should totally be my permanent 10/31 getup, though:



5. Extravagance you cannot live without?

Hmm. I thoroughly enjoy travelling. And I seriously enjoy going out to dinner. My iphone. My laptop.

6. Living person you admire?

I have to give mad props to Lance Armstrong. Plus, he seems like a pretty cool guy (via twitter, anyway). Also, it could just be that I'm in love/obsessed with Michael Phelps, but I'm pretty impressed with his Olympic dominance. I also would like to be friends with Tina Fey.

7. Greatest fear?

Dude. I am seriously terrified of spiders. And germs. And nuclear war. Losing someone I love is probably my second biggest fear, behind spiders.

8. Trait you dislike about yourself?

I am ridiculously impatient/irritable. RIDICULOUSLY. And stubborn, srsly. Sometimes I can stuff all or some of those characteristics deep down into my repression place, but, y'know, they come out sometimes. It is probably a miracle someone loves/wants to marry me.

Also, I instantly judge most people. I would feel really bad about that (and sometimes right after I do, I'm all, "that was probably premature." Then, usually pretty quickly, the person will do/say something, and I'm like..."nevermind."), but I think I've only been wrong about my initial reaction like, twice. But I still feel bad for doing it.

I worry incessantly.


9. Which talent would you most like to have?

I wish I had more of an eye for design...like interior decoration wise. I see lots of things I like in pictures, but I have deep love for so many different styles that don't go together in any imaginable way. A house should not be retro-modern-vintage-antiqued-indie-classic-country-chic. It just doesn't work.

10. Greatest achievement?

I'm kind of a big deal - where to start?

Fitting into a size 4 dress last weekend? (shut up, skinnys...this was a new low for me) I don't really know how to answer this question without sounding conceited, dumb, cheesy, or some combination. So I just won't! WIN!

4 comments:

rena said...

i'm sorry - dance costumes are like the best thing ever!

Vic said...

That picture is the greatest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Congratulations.

I am SUPER judgmental too, like it or not, that's who we is! High five for the judgy club! I'm JUDGING you to be awesome! ...evidently I am also super cheesy!

Christy said...

totally awesome picture. I most definitely think you should recreate that look for Halloween this year.

Anonymous said...

You made my afternoon. Too funny! Congrats on becoming a skinny. I hope to be one one day :)

BTW- I also HATE putting away laundry. Hate. Hate. Hate.