Saturday, April 10, 2010

shampoo is bettah!

I was watching Billy Madison earlier (only the greatest movie ever...cough...). The shampoo/conditioner/bathtub/swan interaction scene is pure genius.

Anywho, you'll all be happy to know that the to-do list is sort-of dwindling. The favor boxes have been filled (and I'm designing the label in another window in Photoshop). The labels are awaiting printing on the desk.

We've gotten a few more RSVPs, so I was going to go all crazy on those votives...but then I realized I'd probably need table assignments. Dang. So I'll review what we've got tomorrow and see if I can knock any of them out. We also got a cool rustic wicker box thing for our unity ceremony.

Andplusalso, my dress is currently sitting at the seamstress' shop, all lonely (*tear*). It is getting a bustle and taken in 4 inches total (holla!). I was so excited to put it on for 30 minutes while the lady measured me, and I made Chad wait in the car. Spousal abuse. I also made Chad walk around Hobby Lobby picking up odds and ends with me for an hour, so he had a hard day. or something. So I think altogether, that was a lot of checks taken care of in one day.

The main point of this post was that I thieved (is this a word? I seriously doubt it, yet love saying it...hmm) another "post random facts about yourself nobody cares about" thing, this time from Sirena.

Here's A to Z, all about me!

a. area code: reppin' the three oh three.

b. bed size: queen...although my parents have offered us an almost brand new king size bed that they've had in storage. it'd be nice, but...huge.

c. chore(s) you hate: cleaning the bathroom, hanging up laundry (i like doing laundry...just not hanging it up...)

d. dog's name: jazzmine, charlie, terra and molly. AKA grey ghost, little bean, red dog, and mowwywog.

e. essential "start of the day" item: toothpaste. then coffee. i would say OJ but we rarely have it for some reason.

f. favorite color: pink

g. gold or silver: GOOOOOLLLLDD. since I, y'know, do the whole gold mine thing.

h. height: 5'10"...I'm what you might call an "Amazon"

i. instruments you play: flute, piccolo, clarinet, sax (some), oboe, some guitar, and some piano.

j. job: I teach little undergraduate business majors who have to take a science credit.

k. kids: none yet.

l. living arrangements: working on a new apartment or condo ASAP

m. mom's name: donna jo! like DJ on full house.

n. nickname: jen/jenny/jen jen/mejenny/most awesome person ever

o. overnight hospital stay: about 400 surgeries when I was born...and that time I stuck a rock up my nose to get out of daycare. ahem.

p. pet peeve: bad drivers, SRSLY. I have horrible road rage. also, liars. cannot compute.

q. quote from movie: my life is pretty much anchorman and adam sandler movie quotes.

r. righty or lefty: both! I started out all lefty though, and my mom thought it would be a pain for me later on, so she made me do a lot with my right hand instead. so now I do both/switch a lot.

s. siblings: not a single one.

t. time you wake up: depends on the day. tuesdays/thursdays, 6AM. any other time, me + 9 AM = BFFs.

u. underwear: I have heard of it...99% of my underwear collection is free ones from VS. They send me those damn cards like 4 times a week.

v. vegetables you dislike: mushrooms. and cabbage. that's about it...love me some veggies!

w. ways or reasons you are late: because I live 65 miles from where I work? and parking sucks?

x. x-rays: teeth, chest, ankles, knees, wrists, fingers, arms, shoulders, hip, toes...I break things a lot.

y. yummy food you make: I am pretty much a pimp at baking. other than that, I make a mean spaghetti, homemade pizza, breakfast tacos/breakfast in general, etc.

z. zoo animals you like: I must say...I love elephants.

2 comments:

rena said...

I love billy madison!

Vic said...

Congrats on your awesome hard work in getting to take 4" off your dress! Amazing! And I'm glad your checklist is whittling down... it's getting CLOSE!