I decided to blog some pictures of details for the big day because only 2 or so of our real life guests read this. Both of which are guys...one of which is the officiant, and neither of which I think really care about seeing this stuff. Hooray for you guys! You get the privilege of experiencing my wedding now! [I'm still not posting my dress. figure that out.]
first up...the votives with wreaths which double as place cards. With a tealight in there, it is going to look totally boss. [it is awkwardly turned to the side to protect the identity of my bridesmaid]
that's a bunch of vellum work...about half of them.
next up: favor boxes. you may remember they are filled with light blue, lime green, and silver hershey kisses. I put chocolate brown paper shred stuff in the bottom of each box, filled with kisses, tied with twine (like the invites!) and then stamped, punched out, hole punched, and attached a bazillion tags with our initials. You're welcome, guests who will not care about all this work.
guestbook! this is cool - I saw it in a magazine. You have this blank print up of a tree with bare branches [it is 12x12, we will have it framed after the wedding], then you have your guests ink their thumbs in shades of green to add "leaves" and sign it. looks really cool when it is filled out, and Selina's awesome hubby made this for me and saved me a ton of time and stress. Have I mentioned Selina is also awesome? Because she is. She is saving my reception - more on that later.
centerpieces: my mom made them. she used to do interior decorating and has done visual stuff for lots of big department stores, so I let her do her thing here. We bought a bunch of vintage different vases from antique stores and she went nuts with flowers. Here they are taking over the top of the fireplace in all their glory. They have lime hydrangeas, light blue blooms that I have no idea what to call, and lots of cool rustic twig things.
this is our cool box for our unity ceremony. we are doing the wine and box ceremony (click here).
yet another thing I spent a million hours on but no one will notice: my table numbers with handmade paper flowers. In case you were wondering, hand rolling like 400 paper flowers will give you a thumb blister.
I made a bunch of martha stewart pom pom ball things to hang up. These were kinda fun. They are in a big awkward pile in the basement.
a whole bunch of booze! We all know this is
my shoes:
my accessories (say that like "uh-sess-uh-ries" to get the full effect here.)
sideways earrings and necklace (earrings are the same as the necklace)
hair pins! they are actually our wedding colors and not awkward like they look here.
our rings:
mine is alternating sapphires and diamonds. in case you were wondering, my tiny ass size 4 fingers are totally mock-able, and my ring looks like a really silly child's ring if you just hold it. redonk.
chad's is titanium with a sweet blue hue on the inside. the outside is steely gray with a cool texture.
I'm not going to post our wedding party gifts just because I'm not. I don't want to ruin it. BUT THEY ARE AWESOME.

6 comments:
love love everything! your mom did a great job on the centerpieces!!!
hooray for your wedding week!
wow, you have been busy. everything looks absolutely fantastic! it's going to be gorgeous!
I adore all of your details. Your use of color is great - not that I'm biased or anything, we used 2 of your 3 colors! :) Everything looks excellent, and I especially love the tree-thumb guest book idea. So sweet. CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your wedding week!!!
yay weddings!!!!
congrats!!!!!!!!!
Everything is going to look so perfect! Enjoy this week!! :)
You have everything under control. I wish you beautiful weather and an even more beautiful wedding.
Congrats!!!
Post a Comment