Saturday, April 4, 2009

fashionista types...

I need some input.

engagement pictures are at the end of the month.  I have a cute navy dress to wear, but I am a little conflicted on a second outfit.  I was planning on jeans and a cute top, but I can't decide on a top.  Do I get something patterned?  3/4 sleeve?  A completely different color? 


help?  i'm looking at you, Alexis and Kate.  

6 comments:

Princess Selina said...

I only had 2 outfits for our engagements. The first was a purple long sleeve sweater with jeans that turned out great in our photos. My second outfit was a play on our wedding colors. It was a hot pink top w/ jeans & brown boots & Ryan wore a light green polo to complete the look. Our photog posted some pics on facebook if you wanna check them out. I'm not really a fashionista but maybe if you wear a solid and dress it up with a really awesome necklace? sorry if I'm no help. =(

Jill said...

personally, i'm all about a solid with great jewelry. i think solids look great 20 years down the road, whereas prints go out of style quickly. then again, you might not look at them in 20 years.

also, not gonna lie, you are in good shape, so no need to hide your arms! short sleeves or a tank top would be cute.

Jen said...

thanks for the ideas, girls.

i really like your sweater pics selina, but we are hoping for "warmer" weather pics, so of course it would depend on the weather that day. i think solid + cute necklace could be a good route. you're probably right about prints coming and going, jill. it's funny that you brought up sleeveless styles - i was thinking i would probably be really self conscious about wearing something like that. but thanks for the compliment haha :)

Alexis said...

Yes, definitely a solid in a pretty pop color. Are you wearing dark denim? (if not, may I suggest?) I think there's some rule about go all or nothing with the sleeve, but I've never noticed it and I wore short sleeves and thought it was fine. Here are a whole bunch from my online shopping adventures. J.Crew has the cutest options...too bad their fits are always horrible...but maybe you'd find a hit!

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=18349&No=15&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_204&N=1200260&Nty=1&categoryId=204&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Dusty+Teal&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

http://www.martinandosa.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat40008&productId=1350_6309

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shirtstops/camisblouses/PRDOVR~12333/12333.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shirtstops/camisblouses/PRDOVR~11527/11527.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shirtstops/camisblouses/PRDOVR~13306/13306.jsp


http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2592507997247924004&id=910088&parentid=APP_TOPS_SOLID&pushId=APP_TOPS&prepushId=APP_TOPS_SOLID&popId=APPAREL&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=5&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=red&colorName=RED

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2592507997247924004&id=913065&parentid=APP_KNITS_SOLID&pushId=APP_KNITS&prepushId=APP_KNITS_SOLID&popId=APPAREL&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=49&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=grn&colorName=GREEN

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2592507997247924004&id=813864&parentid=APP_KNITS_SOLID&pushId=APP_KNITS&prepushId=APP_KNITS_SOLID&popId=APPAREL&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=59&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=sky&colorName=SKY


http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=34611&pid=585814&scid=585814022

Jen said...

thanks alexis! i am wearing dark denim. i really love the sleeveless tops you posted with the accents around the collar. i am going to have to hit up jcrew/ann taylor with all of you guys' ideas before i go straight to anthropologie (LOVE the red shirt) and blow $100.

yay for you ladies :)

amelia said...

i wore that red anthro shirt in my e-pics and it turned out fabulously!! :)

you can see them at lisawoodsphotography.com/blog/

oh, and i would second, or third?, dark denim, but it sounds like you've got that covered!!