Thursday, February 5, 2009

beware of imitators!

even though my wednesdays are god awful, thursdays are proving to be pretty crappy too.  

I took extra precautions to end up in bed before midnight last night - made sure to get in my 30 minute run and a shower, finish pertinent homework, create a horrible butterscotch lava (note to self: do not try to melt butterscotch chips...death will come)...all because on thursdays, I have a random 8 o clock class.  

I haven't taken an 8 AM class since my freshman year of college.  I don't know why, but the difference between 8 and 9 AM is similar to that of brussels sprouts and chocolate.  I just can't do it.  that 8 AM class was literally ACROSS THE STREET from my dorm, yet every morning I would roll out of bed at about 7:58 in a frenzied panic, throwing on random clothing and running across the street.  part of the problem could be my negative scale attention span, because I can manage to wake up at 3 AM to make flights just fine.

Anywho, I have this 8 AM class.  the problem is compounded because in order to commute from the house to campus, I have to leave by 6:45 AM.  uncalled for!  this goes against my 30 minute getting ready needs.  this goes against...nature!  so does this:


you know that guy gives you nightmares.

even this class wouldn't be so bad at this unholy hour IF when it was cancelled I got some sort of notice other than a sign on the door saying "class is cancelled.  will email later."

ummm, WTF.  you email me BEFORE I drive up here.  

and, I leave you with this nerdy comic.

2 comments:

TVs Michael Oder said...

Melted butterscotch sounds good. The Sham-WOW guy makes my skin crawl. The Sham-WOW is an unholy sin in-and-of itself. I don't get the comic. It's been a long day so far, so maybe my brain left early. haha

Jen said...

haha i didn't figure most people would. so the atm messed up and said the amount has to be divisible by 0, which makes no damn sense. but ALSO, in calculus, l'hopital's rule is about dividing by 0 and the problem it creates and etc. so l'hospital was apparently inspired by a faulty atm.