Tuesday, February 17, 2009

life, and tagged.

so it's been a week, time to update my loyal readers, who I'm sure are on the edge of their seat.

valentine's day was pretty uneventful because we are poor until this friday when we get paid. so we're pretending it didn't happen yet. I went and tried on my (new) dream dress, put up with a bunch of obnoxious girls in the bridal salon, and then we went to lunch without chad, since he wasn't included in the wedding dress shopping, obvi. for those of you in the know, it is looking like #2 is a solid winner. my dad did make a fabulous steak and shrimp dinner though, ohhhh baby.

sunday, we were talking and decided we should probably move our wedding back to next spring. with the economy sucking our life forces away, and my internship this summer (which I absolutely cannot skip, too much of an opportunity/resume booster) not ending until like 3 weeks before the wedding, we just don't see it happening. this way we have a few extra months to take care of payments (even though we have really whittled the budget so it's not that big a deal anyway), and gives my parents some extra time to settle their stuff so they can help us with my dress and whatever else they are going to. also, we really don't feel like everyone important to us has the resources to buy plane tickets soon, let alone maybe 2 for bachelor/bachelorette parties as well. so that is sort of a bummer, but sort of whatever, because we basically are married without it being official anyway, so what's the rush I guess.

this week has been awful so far, and it's only getting worse. one professor assigned 4 major projects this week - one due monday, one tuesday, one thursday, and one friday. everyone I have talked to is a combination of completely stressed and extremely pissed. I have completed 2 of them and am too angry to start on the other 2. on top of that, I have another major project for my ore geochem class due friday. since this is the only class I actually care about, I feel like it should be taking precidence, but it really hasn't so far. guess I know what I'm doing during office hours tomorrow. dang.

today, I had an awkward break because of said stupid professor adjusting class times this week, so I went on an adventure around fort collins since I do not really know much about it. I went to a place called the buttercream cupcakery - omg. they have jumbo sized (well, rather large regular sized, I guess), and little mini cupcakes. I got a mini chai tea and a mini PB fudge. DELISH. and the display case was adorable. also, on sundays, they make french toast cupcakes. NOT EVEN RIGHT.



yum.

then I went to a consignment shop to sell some of the clothes I have been dragging around in the back of my car. they bought one thing, and the guy told me that they "totally wanted the rest" but that even though they were all cute and stylish and sellable clothes, because they were more than one year old, they were not allowed to sell them. um, wtf? I worked in a consignment shop once, and that makes no sense. if it is cute and sellable, we bought it. who cares how old it is? so that was dumb and a waste of time, I guess I will try another shop elsewhere.

after that, I took a trip to a local jewelry shop and looked for a wedding band. I wanted to get the one that matches my e-ring, but I am a little bored by it and want something more fun and unique. I found a couple of things I really liked (one being a $3800 tacori band - sigh.), so that gives me new hope. the one I ended up liking the most I never would have picked up on my own, and the girl helping me suggested it. she was right. I tried to find a similar pic online, but no luck.

so the lovely christy tagged me in this random purse survey thing. you're supposed to post a picture of your purse and how much it cost and some interesting story about how you got it. so here's my bag. I love it and all of it's $30 glory. I bought it because I kept walking by it and swooning over it and finally decided I had to have it, even though I have 34234 other purses. shhh. it's kinda boring I guess...haha.


now that this has turned into a novel, I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

Christy said...

#2 is a lovely dress - yay!

Bummer about pushing the wedding back, but your reasons make a lot of sense. The economy is really cutting down on our own guest list, since almost everyone is out of town and no one can afford to travel. If delaying a few months makes the difference between your close family and friends being able to make it to your wedding, it sure seems the way to go. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Hang in there with school, and be sure to report back on those french toast cupcakes!

TVs Michael Oder said...

French Toast Cupcakes. I'm calling the cops. Those bakers need to be arrested.