I haven't updated in a little while, but that's because we were so busy getting everything taken care of to move, and then getting settled in Colorado. We're done now, and we seem to have made it in one piece. Chad starts grad school on the 13th, and I start on the 20th.
On to Christmas! I love Christmas. My present to myself was basically my new car (I shouldn't have!). Chad got me Guitar Hero III and a new guitar, which I love much better than the one that came with World Tour. It's much more responsive/less noisy.
Chad also got me a giant jar of my favorite Yankee Candle, the mistletoe scent. I have no idea what mistletoe is supposed to smell like, but this smells like a wonderful, piney dream. He also got me the Wall-e DVD. I LOVE this movie. I have a slight obsession.
My aunt got us a Wii Fit, which is ridiculously fun. I love the hula-hooping, ski jump, and step aerobics. I highly recommend it!
My parents also got us both some clothes and some nice boots. Question for you fashionista-types: what color tights would you wear with a gray sweater dress? My mom picked out an adorable sweater dress from Macy's, and bought some gray textured vera wang tights to wear with it, but this seems like way too much gray to me, and I don't really know which color would be better. Any thoughts?
Moving on to some checks: #17 is in progress. This is hard for me because I am one of those people who fears change and am terrified to try new foods. Last Monday, we were driving around Denver running errands, and Chad decides he simply must have food from some hole-in-the-wall Mexican place we drove by. My stomach said no, but whatever. It ended up actually being very delicious - I would definitely eat there again. They had fabulous salsa, which is really my only requirement in life.
#35 is also in progress - our trash service picks up recyclables as well, so its quite easy. I feel really good about it!
#42 is in high gear. It's much easier to do here, where the tap water is actually delicious, and not painful to drink. I have been chugging it since we got here, and hopefully it will do me some good!
A rant: in October, we found a place up here that we absolutely loved for our wedding. I checked with the coordinator several times about the date still being available, etc. and she assured me we had a hold on the date and we would be alerted if anyone expressed interest in our date. Well, last week, we went up to the venue to tour it and we were right, we loved it. So we contact the coordinator to book, and she says the date is booked. Excuse me? We have it in writing from her saying we have a hold. She says that it is a big misunderstanding, she thought we had a hold on the date, but she was wrong, and she was new at the time so she wasn't sure how to handle it, etc. but she can offer us another date at a discount because of the confusion. WTF? I am so annoyed. We still love the venue, but I am too upset with them to use their facility now...how do I know you will get it right this time? Will we order chicken and beef and get served fish and veal? I want to smack someone.
So now we are on the look for a new venue. We have found a couple we really like, we just need to go visit them. But really, UGH. I am over wedding planning.



1 comment:
def. go with black tights - any kind - plain, textured, etc. Save the cute gray tights for a black or jewel toned dress!
I'm so sorry about the wedding venue - if you really love it... is there any other coordinator there you could work with??
Post a Comment