15. try a new recipe once a month.
saturday night we had a little soiree with some friends here and my mom and I made these delicious concoctions that I have no name for. they are very simple: take a green pepper chopped into reasonable appetizer sized pieces (I suppose you could use any, but I liked the flavor with these), spray with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, crumble some feta cheese on each piece, and then sprinkle some sliced kalamata olives on top of the feta cheese. grill (or bake) until the peppers are softened. OMG. amazing. they tasted nothing like I expected them to, and they were gone in about 2 minutes.
41. try a new wine every month.
I tried Black Opal shiraz this month. I was not such a fan - if you like dry red wines, you would probably be impressed by it, but it was a little too much for me. It had a good flavor, but it was not quite what I like. I did use it to make some marinara for my baked eggplant parmesan, and it was a nice touch there, though!
32. keep my car clean - especially if I get a new one!
check. I have had the car for almost a month and it has been kept thoroughly pristine. I scrubbed it down last week, and there is no trash piling up inside. victory, so far.
64. clean out my closet and donate/consign what i can.
I did this right before we moved back to Colorado, and I did it again when we got here. I have a cargo area full of clothes to take to the consignment shop.
75. get my parents to switch lightbulbs.
by this, I mean from traditional ones to the energy efficient spiral ones. well, turns out they had pretty much done most of the household bulbs on their own! success.
78. register for practical wedding gifts - and at least one splurge.
we registered last tuesday. it was fun but really pretty exhausting. I would say our splurge was the Dyson we registered for. my parents have had one for a few years and I love it - so I must have one. I really wanted the pink breast cancer one they came out with, but I will settle for the allergen one we registered for. I was also excited for the free gift we got from crate & barrel - they give you a crystal heart bowl when you register there.
confessions:
- I start grad school on tuesday. I know I should probably be excited or something, but I am really just dreading more school. plus, I am not all that psyched about my schedule right now (it is still sort of in limbo though...so that might change). I know that it should go by really fast due to the fact the 3.5 years of undergrad pretty much flew by, and theoretically I should only be in my master's program for 1.5 years, but I really, truly, with every fiber of my being hate school. I want the advanced degree, but I hate the process.
- I have not heard from my doctor since my ovarian ultrasound. I am not sure if this is good or bad, but either way I do not like being in limbo.
- I am not sure if I know how to be a teacher, so I don't know how this TA position thing is going to go. ack.
- chad jacked up my favorite (of our 2) guitar controller for guitar hero being a drunken fool on saturday, and I want to punch him. okay, maybe not the violence, but I am ticked.

1 comment:
When I was freaked out because I had to TA for a class I didn't really have the background for, one of the older TAs told me not to stress and to remember that you know more than the students will (unless you get some crazy student who's taking an easier class than he/she should). It makes me feel a bit smug and a bit condescending... yet it made me feel a bit better, too! Good luck!
Post a Comment