Wednesday, January 28, 2009

tagged. also, wednesdays are a complete waste.

on wednesdays, I have class at 9 and 10.  then nothing.  glorious, right?  WRONG! (in accent from the "end of the world" flash animation).  

no, no no no no.  I have to sit around in my office on campus doing absolutely nothing until 4:10, when the weekly TA meeting is.  look people, I am perfectly capable of babysitting some kids in lab for 6 hours a week without "seminars" to show me how.  ughhhhhh.

in other news, i've been tagged:

25 Random Things you may not know about me:

RULES:  once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.  At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.  You have to tag the person who tagged you.  If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

let's see...

1.  I never learned how to study, most likely because on a scale from 1-10, my attention span is a -328492384.  It has worked out okay so far, but I am constantly worried something is going to go terribly wrong and it will catch up with me.

2.  speaking of worrying, I worry non-stop.  24/7.  lay awake at night with my mind going 800 MPH thinking about every possible thing that could go right or wrong and the consequences.  I work best this way, for some ridiculous reason.  also, I am pretty much never surprised by things because of it.

3.  the weird thing is that even though I worry all the time, I am about as laid back as possible.   I keep my worryings to myself and always go with the flow.

4.  I am legally blind.  I wear ridiculous contacts (corneal refractive therapy) that reshape my eye overnight, and I remove them in the morning with a tiny plunger so I can see all day.  the stuff of sci-fi flicks, people.

5.  I like most animals more than most (nearly all) people.  I am like a 6 year old at the zoo.  Bunnies in my front yard make me squeak with happiness.  rolling around on the floor with my 4 dogs is one of my favorite things.

6.  I looooove to cook/bake.  baking is my favorite though - I think because it is so much like "craft time" (kraft thyme for you, mikey o) for me.  I could decorate things with frosting and such all day.

7.  Speaking of craft time, I love making things.  anything, really.  scissors + glue + assorted hobby lobby goods make me warm and fuzzy inside.

8.  I have OCD and it shows.  a lot.  the dishwasher can only be loaded a certain way, things on shelves must go together in a fashion only my mind understands, a mistake on a paper I am writing on means the whole thing must be scrapped and I start over.  I count everything, and numbers are like another language to me, even though I am not that good at math.  I know over 200 digits of pi simply because there is a very obvious pattern (to me) in the numbers when I look at them.  I remember phone numbers from obscure sightings.  I am a weirdo.

9.  I have a very goofy, bizarre sense of humor, and you either get it or you don't.  I'm cool with either.

10.  I love my friends, but I am also one of those people who has no problem being alone.  Sometimes it weirds me out when people are so dependent on others (not in a bad way, just in a "hmm, I don't get it" way).

11.  I am really, really, REALLY honest and loyal.  I would do anything for anyone.  because of this, I expect that from others, and I usually only give people one chance.  It's not that I would never talk to the person again, but that I would never trust them again.

12.  I play 6 instruments.  I went on a concert tour of Europe in high school with a national group of a couple students from every state.  I guess that makes me a music nerd.  music is one of those things that just comes naturally to me.

13.  chips & salsa are my life forces.  I probably have tomatoes and jalapenos in my veins.  they are like my children...my delicious children!  now I sound like a grizzly bear or something.  oops.

14.  I am one of those people who believes in ghostly paranormal things, and have had quite a few experiences with such.  believe it or not.

15.  I have absolutely terrible body image.  I am aware of this, yet it never changes.  I look in the mirror and see something I know is probably not accurate, but this does not convince me.

16.  I have road rage.  I think 90% of this stems from the fact that not only do I have no attention span, but I have even less patience for ignorance.  Driving 30 under the speed limit while you smoke, eat cereal, and text message your friends in the left lane is never okay!

17.  I have mostly guy friends because girls annoy me.  Not all girls, but the kind that are rude and sneaky and gossipy.  There's a lot of those going around.  This makes me feel weird sometimes, but I love my boys so whatever.

18.  I never, ever, EVER thought I would get married.  I used to date guys for like a week and then immediately regret it.  Once it was for an hour.  I really never thought I would meet someone that I wanted to be around that much.  Whodathunkit.

19.  I will ditto Christy on this - I hate being the center of attention.  Even if I'm supposed to be, such as a birthday or achievement or something.  PLEASE stop looking at me, everyone.

20.  I have weird panic attacks about doomsday things - or stupid things that I perceive as doomsday-inducing. 

21.  I am a germaphobe.  also, I have jumped out of a moving vehicle because of a spider.  having that many legs is not normal.

22.  Patterns/textures in nature freak me out - to the point of nausea.  Spore-bearing plants are the worst - like those leaves they put in floral arrangements with the bumps on the bottom.  I get all vomit-y just thinking about it.  The diagrams at the doctor's office that show bone textures - OMG.  The texture on the inside of a green pepper makes me ill - I love green peppers though, so I must scarf them down before I think about it.

23.   I loooooove coffee and tea.

24.  I tend to like the raw forms of things better than the cooked version.  NOT meat or anything like that, but basically anything baked - I would rather eat the dough/batter/etc than the cooked result (even bread).  It just tastes better to me.

25.  I am completely fascinated by volcanoes and have been since I was capable of reading, but at the same time absolutely terrified of them.  If there is a such thing as "previous lives", I am willing to bet I lived in Pompeii or something.

I tag: mikey o, mike, brooke, shannon, and jill.  and anyone else who wants to that wasn't already tagged.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm with you on 10 & 16, 22 is too funny! (bizarre but amusingly so!)