moving on. I started grad school on tuesday...ore deposit geochemistry, advanced isotopic hydrogeology, and environmental geology are my classes this semester. there are 3, count 'em, 3 people in my isotope hydro class...including me. there are 6 guys + me (one is a chemical engineer...why??)in my ore geochem class, which is taught by my thesis advisor. my environmental class is supposed to be a capstone course for undergrad seniors, but I am taking it for fun because we didn't have it at baylor and I am pretty interested in such things. it's a lot of review of a lot of things I have already done 100 times though, so it shouldn't be very demanding. I start teaching intro labs next week, which is sort of intimidating, but sort of exciting because I get to lead field trips, which is exciting to my nerdy self for no apparent reason.
other exciting nerd news: I may be doing an internship this summer at a gold mine company in Nevada. they pay room & board or whatever and over $20 an hour. I don't know for sure yet because it really depends on the schedule and the exact compensation, but I'm working on it.
other than that, my life is pretty boring. I went running for the first time in probably a month last night, and my right hip is now yelling at me for it.
comedy/make you doubt humanity moment of the day: dlisted article

3 comments:
I didn't vote for the guy (of course I didn't vote for the other guy either), but agreed on all the doom and gloomers. Things are in bad shape and hopefully Obama can at least do some good in the next four (more likely eight) years.
Have fun in grad school, it only goes downhill once you get a real job.
wow, gold mine, huh? that's sounds pretty cool!
GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
that is all.
Post a Comment