Chad and I were pretty scared (read: terrified), because based on my mom and grandmother's medical history, I was expecting cancer. My mom (and grandmother, but much earlier) had the same problems as me and ended up being diagnosed with ovarian cancer basically right before it was too late. This was in the early 90s, it was dealt with, and she is fine now.
Luckily, after my appointment, I *appear* to be cancer free - but possibly have PCOS. I have to go for an ovarian ultrasound on Monday, and have to do this every year now to be sure, but I am okay for now. Even if I have the PCOS, it's not completely horrible and can be treated. I also have a new medication for my symptoms, and I am hopeful, because I am already feeling a little better. The doctor said I should see huge improvement before my follow up appointment in February. Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:
Crossing fingers and toes...
Which is harder than it sounds.
Good to hear though that you were proactive and saw a doc. Not many people do until it's too late.
Post a Comment